okay, bear with me ... there are literally children climbing on me right now so this is gonna be a real quick post with probably a million typos ...
anyway, donuts! my mom got me this pan for christmas and today i used it for the first time. well, wolfgang and i. lately we have been bonding over food. he is all about cooking and baking and i am all about letting him help. his tiny voice and little helping hands are to die for.
okay, moving right along. i found this super easy recipe on pinterest, of course, but i tweaked it a bit.
1. preheat oven to 350. spray pan with non stick cooking spray.
2. in a large bowl whisk together one egg, 1/4 cup vegetable oil, one cup water and one box of dry cake mix. we used strawberry, but you could use any. next time we are going for chocolate.
3. spoon mixture into muffin pan ... this batter will make eighteen donuts (three pans worth)
4. bake in the oven for about tenish minutes. maybe a little longer. just poke em with a toothpick.
5. immediately move to cooling rack and allow them to cool completely before frosting them!
1. melt two tablespoons butter.
2. in a large bowl, mix 1.5 cups powdered sugar with the melted butter.
3. slowly add milk, one tablespoon at a time. i used four tablespoons ... you want the frosting to be a little runny! thick frosting will not work. i mean it will, but wouldn't be as pretty.
4. take your donut and dip it into the frosting, bottom side. so the soft top will actually be the bottom on the donut. make sense? ... after you dip the donut, lift it up and turn it from side to side, making sure to evenly coat it.
5. that's it! add sprinkles or whatever topping you want!
... you could also add a little food coloring if you want colorful donuts.
i hope this all made sense, my kids are cray right now and i gotta go! :)
seriously, these are so easy and delicious. they are basically just cake in donut form, but so fun and would be so easy to prepare a lot of them for a birthday party or whatever! xo