this morning at seven am sharp, my husband and i tiptoed into eleanor's room and tossed eight pink balloons on her sleeping head ... she awoke in a flash and began jumping up and down on her bed and shouted, "today is my birfday! today is my birfday!" ... we all shared some giggles and hugs and "i love yous" and went downstairs so she could open her gift and eat her birthday donut (with sprinkles, of course) ...
it is hard for me to talk about eleanor without becoming emotional. she has been my rock for so long. we have been through a lot together. there is something about your oldest child ... they are the ones that come into your life and open your heart for the very first time. since she is so much older than her brothers, she is such a help around here and has become my little sidekick. shoot ... she has become my very best friend. every year on her birthday, i write her a letter in a journal. during nap time today, i will sit down and write about this past year. the things she loves. the things she hates. where she lives and where she goes to school. her favorite color. her favorite toy. the way she still says "crash can" instead of "trash can" and how she always adds -ily to the end of almost every word ... (pinkily, funily, fancily, etc.) ... she is just so wonderful. my sweet girl.
okay, enough of the sap! as most of you know, we have been doing some room swapping over here. she really, really wanted pink walls so we found some great wallpaper to use as an accent wall. you know i love white walls, but i think it is important to let your children express themselves and have things that are just theirs. we are so happy with how everything turned out. it is all just SO her.
- the wallpaper we used is from chasing paper. so many fun options. i really think wallpaper is making a comeback.
- she doesn't really play with toys much anymore, but she still loves her dollhouse and calico critters. you can find the dollhouse here
- her dresser was yellow and we painted it white. i really would like to swap the knobs, but she loves those plain white ones.
- the "you are so loved" print is from a family print shop
- the colorful painting by her bed was done by a friend and the wooden letter "E" is from target.
- her bed was the bed i slept in my entire childhood :) canopy is from IKEA.
- overhead shade is from lowes and lamp is from target!
i think that's all! ... if you want to read more about the journal i keep for her, you can find that here
she insisted on lining up her toy story characters for this photo :) she is having a toy story party tomorrow!