9/24/15

all the monkeys

everyday after we pick up el from school and enjoy a smoothie, we head to my sun filled bedroom to be silly and jump and play ... to be monkeys. rufus is usually still tucked away and snoozing in the wrap from our walk to school, so i sit back and watch my oldest two go nuts on my bed ...

 growing up, my mother never allowed us to jump on her bed and that's okay ... we certainly had plenty of fun doing other things ... but for me .. for them ... i want this to be a fond memory from childhood ... jumping on the bed while mama sat back, watching, smiling, encouraging ... 

i'm not sure how to explain the happiness that exists here, during this time. im not sure if it's the bright light coming from earth, or leftover energy from school and naps ... but i will tell you this ... there is pure joy floating around in my bedroom everyday around three thirty pm... 

it is our joy. it is my happiness ... 










soon i will be talking about why eleanor is no longer being taught at home by me ... why we decided to send her to public school. xo. 


1 comment:

  1. love this ! what a lovely and bright bedroom and after school time

    ReplyDelete