8/4/15

what's in my hospital basket?




for baby boy//
  1. some newborn diapers ... we like pampers swaddlers. 
  2. a soft cotton muslin blanket ... i found a three pack of cotton muslin oversized table napkins in sage green at home goods and they will make the perfect swaddling blankets for a teeny tiny babe. they were $5.99 ... i couldn't believe my luck. 
  3. a heavy knit blanket in case the hospital room is a bit cold. i got mine here
  4. a couple classic white onesies, some cozy pants and some fuzzy white socks. 
  5. an outfit to come home in. his sweet gown is from chasing windmills and his knit hat was handmade by my IG friend, jessica. she is amazing. you can see her work here
  6. natursutten pacifier, although chances are i will not be using it at the hospital. if he struggles latching on to me at first, i will not use it ... i will not want to cause any nipple confusion which will result in a more difficult time getting started with breastfeeding. (just my experience)

for mama //
  1. a small bag of toiletries ... shampoo, face wash, lotion, toothbrush, maxi pads ... i will not be packing any makeup because this mama just don't have time for that. :)
  2. nursing sleep bras. i got mine here
  3. bamboo nursing pads. i got these with wolfgang and they held up nicely. so soft. 
  4. lanolin nipple cream. i have some left over from wolfgang, but probably won't need it at the hospital because i have found it takes about a week before your nipples become sore. (but i will bring just in case)
  5. some hanes her way granny panties. because, well, you know. 
  6. a pair of cozy leggings, my husband's v-neck white tees and warm socks. 
  7. a soft robe
  8. my phone and phone charger, of course!
  9. my laptop for late night netflix ... especially since my husband won't be staying with me this time. 
  10. and lastly, my belly bandit. you guys ... i love this thing. i put it on almost immediately after having babies and i think it works amazingly. even if it doesn't actually help shrink your midsection (although, i think it does), it prevents you from feeling frumpy and squishy. i wear it until it is too big ... that generally takes about four weeks for me. 
so, there you have it! i'm a simple gal and we also live two minutes from the hospital, so if i find i need something, my husband can always run and grab it for me ... we are due in five days and ready to go! come on, baby boy!


eleanor asked me why i was crying and i said, "no reason, baby." and then she took this photo. so, yes, those are teardrops on my belabumbum nightie

with every pregnancy i gain about thirty pounds and by the end i just cannot wait to be skinny again ... i feel so self conscious to have my photo taken and think, "god, i look so gross and ugly" or i will think to myself that i actually do not look like that ... it's just the angle or whatever ... but, this IS what i look like and that IS okay. carrying a baby is a beautiful thing. i am doing a beautiful thing with my body. i should embrace it. forever and always. xo. 


4 comments:

  1. i loved everything, but the last paragraph really got me kind of weepy inside, but like a weepy, "that's exactly how i feel" kind of way. i was just telling steve the other day how self conscious i am becoming, because i am SO much bigger this time around. at nine months pregnant with aug, i was smaller than i am now at 7 months. and i had to have photos taken of me on sunday and swore up and down that the angle was all wrong because there's absolutely no possible way! so i ran inside, changed my outfit, let out a short two minute cry and threw on something different. it's just crazy how we identify ourselves by the shape of our body. and how we scale our beauty and worth because of it. it's so wrong, but it it's also, unfortunately, so natural, i think. especially in the time frame we are living in now where we are inundated with beautiful people and things.

    i want you to know that even if you don't believe me, even if you brush it off and go "yeah yeah," Kristen, you look incredibly beautiful. you dazzle and glow and in a few days time, you'll look down at your flat tummy and laugh and smile. and each time "R" guzzles his milk and your stomach contracts back in, shrinking by the minute, you'll know how freaking bad asssssss your body is. it shifts and molds and carries and sustains life and it's all miraculous.

    love you, so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff! Love the natural light and decor. Can you tell me about the rug in the photo, oval?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the information. I really like the way you express complex topics in lucid way. It really helps me understand it much better way. soft cotton muslin baby blanket

    ReplyDelete